You’ve taken the first steps of searching for a therapist and browsing my website. Assuming you like what you have read, here what’s next:
- Contact me to schedule a 20-minute consultation call. During this call, we’ll talk about why you are seeking therapy and what you hope to accomplish.
- Schedule our initial appointment if you feel I’m a good fit. If not, I will be happy to provide referrals for therapists better suited to your needs.
- Review informed consent and practice policies. I’ll provide a link to review and electronically sign my practice policies, all of which must be signed prior to the initial session. Feel free to ask any questions about these forms/policies prior to, or during, our first meeting.
- Attend the first appointment, usually lasting about 75-80 minutes. We will briefly review the policies and I will answer any remaining questions. The majority of our time will be spent discussing your needs and goals in greater detail. I will ask relevant questions about your history, to make sure I have enough information to be helpful to you. You will have an opportunity to ask me questions. If we both believe that it makes sense to move forward, we will schedule regular weekly appointments. If for some reason we are not in agreement, then I will be happy to provide referrals for therapists who might better fit your needs.
- Attend ongoing sessions. Sessions are scheduled weekly at the start, often including practice tasks between sessions. As things improve and the changes maintained, we will reduce to every other week, monthly, and then stop. After we finish, booster sessions are always available for when you need a little extra support.